Monday, November 3, 2008

Married, with cats...

So I'm just curious as to whether or not all other married women who own pet cats experience the same things I experience. For some silly reason, my husband deems himself exempt from having to pick up cat puke. Tonight I didn't get home until a little after 7pm. My husband was nice and made dinner, and actually had it ready by the time I got home. After dinner, he went upstairs to go to the bathroom and said, "Oh no, cat puke." I asked if it just happened, or if it was old, he replied, "Can't tell, looks a little crusty." Mind you, he had been home about an hour already, walked upstairs to change out of his work clothes, and definately had to step over the cat puke to walk into the bedroom. Now am I silly, or is this ridiculous? I swear he acts like he never sees the freaking cat puke!! Needless to say, I was the one that cleaned up the cat puke, b/c I care about our brand new carpet. He just stepped over it again, on his way to the bathroom. Am I the only lucky one with a husband who graciously lets me pick up every pile of cat puke? And not to mention, finds himself so special he never has to scoop out the litter box. And he wonders why these are the last of the family pets in our family...

3 comments:

Trafty said...

This is why we had a baby and didn't get cats. Kidding (kind of).

Shelly said...

Now you're seeing things my way!!! Just wait until you start having kids....you'll be finding those cats a new home too!!!...;) And to answer your question, my husband is not bad with the puke, could be better though. He does however SUCK at the litter box!!! And somehow miraculously forgets all about it after 9 months of cleaning it while I'm pregnant and as soon as mom's home from the hospital with a new baby she's back at it again!!! Lovely!!!

Hey Lady! said...

so adding my 2 cents, Chip loves the cat, always speaks of what the 'next kitty' will be like acknowledges the litter box this way..."do you smell the litter box?" HHMMMMMMMMM